If you're a government employee and need an identity (ID) card, you must contact your department's nominated officer. The nominated officer will help you complete the application form and then they will process the application using the Protective Services online ID card system. Once the completed form has been processed, there are different processes depending on if you are located in the:
- Brisbane central business district
- The nominated officer will give you a barcode request form and details to attend the Protective Services office to have your photo taken and your ID card issued.
- You need to bring your barcode request form and photo identification (i.e. current drivers licence or passport).
- The nominated officer must verify your photo identification and submit it electronically.
- You will then receive your ID card in the mail.
We offer on-site visits for large groups. An ID Card Consultant can visit your site to take the ID photos. The ID cards will then be processed at our head office and sent to your nominated officer for issuing.
Protective Services clients can log in to
to manage employee ID cards.