Sign In

Government ID Cards

Government ID Cards

ID Card Office COVID-19 Response as at 17/03/2020

In response to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the ID Card Office will no longer be opening for photographic sessions from COB Wednesday, March 18, until further notice.

Authorised issuing officers, please follow these steps: 

1.     For new ID card issues, photos and signatures MUST now be uploaded online via the ID Card Web System.  This will eliminate the need for employees/members to attend the ID Card Office in person.

Uploaded photos MUST comply with the ID PHOTO GUIDELINES.

IMPORTANT: Failure to comply will result in a denied card request and delayed processing.

ID Photo Standards.pdf

2.     ID cards MUST now be mailed to the issuing officer, rather than collected from the ID Card Office.

Please refer to the Protective Services ID CARD WEB MANUAL for full guidance on ID card issuing and delivery methods.


Government ID Card process

If you're a government employee and need an identity (ID) card, you must contact your department's nominated officer. The nominated officer will help you complete the application form and then they will process the application using the Protective Services online ID card system. Once the completed form has been processed, there are different processes depending on if you are located in the:

  • Brisbane central business district
    • The nominated officer will give you a barcode request form and details to attend the Protective Services office to have your photo taken and your ID card issued.
    • You need to bring your barcode request form and photo identification (i.e.  current drivers licence or passport).
  • Regions
    • The nominated officer must verify your photo identification and submit it electronically.
    • You will then receive your ID card in the mail.
On-site visits - currently unavailable in response to COVID-19
We offer on-site visits for large groups. An ID Card Consultant can visit your site to take the ID photos. The ID cards will then be processed at our head office and sent to your nominated officer for issuing. 
More information
For more information about government ID cards, including on-site visit enquiries, please contact our Government ID Card office via email at
Client access
Protective Services clients can log in to Client Access to manage employee ID cards.